Wednesday, August 21, 2013

{African Adventure} Rotary Presentations



During our trip to Tanzania, we were able to deliver our first Ambassadorial Scholar presentations outside of South Africa. The first was to the kids at Amani Children’s Home in Moshi, Tanzania. We gave a presentation about Texas (with the assistance of our Swahili translator) and taught the kids how to sing “Deep in the Heart of Texas.” 


After the presentation, we organized a rodeo that included races with broom horses and balloon cows. However, the kids enjoyed an old fashion sack race the most! 

  
I delivered our second presentation in Tanzania to the Marangu Rotary Club located just outside of Moshi at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro. In fact, I gave the presentation at the Marangu Hotel which is a popular launching spot for treks up the mountain. During the presentations, I share a little about my family, my hometown, sponsor Rotary club, Texas, Rotary service projects and my studies at Stellenbosch University.


Both our presentations in Tanzania included lively audiences and we look forward to future presentations throughout the year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment